Hartleys Supermarket & Stores
Hartleys Supermarket & Stores is a place of choice for a wide variety of fresh meats and produce and other quality groceries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position Title: Internal Control Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Level: Mid-Senior
Business Units: Retail
- Prepare Internal Control plan and provide oversight and direction in the execution, and reporting of internal Control engagements and projects within established timelines and budgets
- Conduct periodic financial, compliance, operational and special audits and carry out investigations into reported irregularities, as required.
- Review analyses of non-conformities, discuss audit findings across the organization and suggest recommendations.
- Report to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors regarding internal control matters, results of audit reviews, the progression of audit plan and any other matters of discussion.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and changing regulatory guidelines to enable the development and implementation of appropriate control measures and monitoring mechanism as well as their continuous update / revision.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings with key stakeholders.
- Developing and executing internal control activities, consult with management on strategic plans and other business matters, and anticipate emerging risks.
- Documenting and testing business process and IT controls that support key operations.
- Evaluating control deficiencies, and monitoring remediation actions, timelines, and progress.
- Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention.
- Facilitate continuous identification and periodic assessment of business risks in the operating environment and update the risk registers.
- Monitor and report on key risk indicators (KRIs) and implementation of risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensure appropriate level of communication is maintained on Internal Control matters to support the framework and ensure appropriate ownership and accountabilities from management and managers.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- Prepares monthly exception reports and presents to the Group Managing Directors.
- Apply a rigorous and efficient risk-based audit approach which delivers robust assurance on the effectiveness of risk management and control measures.
- Build and manage great relationships with business partners, providing insights and challenges that enable them to proactively manage performance.
- Deliver insights that are highly valued, identify root causes, share best practices and lead to business improvement.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled (spot checks) audit visits to Frutta Factory, Warehouse, Key Distributors, Hartleys Supermarkets floor, warehouse and its environments.
- Maintain the whistle-blowing channels of the Company and provide periodic reports to the Board.
- Conduct investigations on reported cases of fraud and misconduct and prepare investigation reports.
- Flexibility to carry out any other task as requested by Management and Board of the Group.
Key Performance Indicators
- Adequacy of the internal audit and control plan.
- Level of execution/achievement against the IARC plan.
- Accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of reports.
- Number and significance of issues/ inconsistencies and process improvement opportunities identified in business processes.
- Frequency of incidences of control failure.
- Adequacy and timeliness of follow-up on regulatory and statutory filings.
- Magnitude of calculated losses due to fraud and other control failures.
- Number or frequency of queries.
- Number of unresolved cases to identified issues.
- Number of control improvements implemented annually in line with best practice recommendation.
- Decline in code of conduct violations reported via the whistle-blowing channels.
- Number of whistle-blowing cases closed out.
- Turnaround time for cases under investigation.
- Other KPIs as may be defined in line with changing business environment.
- First Degree in Accounting.
- Master’s Degree will be an advantage.
- Professional accounting certification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CISA, CIA or other relevant higher business degree as an added advantage.
Experiences (What experience brings success to this role):
- Minimum of eight (8) years internal audit and control experience across Retail Sector, with at least three (3) years at managing the strategic direction of a business risk unit.
Knowledge (What does the person need to know):
- Knowledge of internal audit methodologies, corporate governance procedures and accounting standards.
- Demonstrated understanding of operational dynamics.
- ISO/quality knowledge and Working knowledge of: Microsoft office suite, ICT and tech-based audit techniques; Data collection and analysis tools and techniques; Accounting frameworks, tools and techniques; Governance risk and control tools and techniques; Risk analysis and control assessment techniques.
- Policy and regulatory knowledge interpretation and application.
- General operations.
Technical / Behavioural Skills:
- Multi-disciplinary disposition
- Business acumen and Project management.
- Excellent report writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Good knowledge and hands on practical experience and use of accounting packages and systems.
- Forensic skills and fraud awareness.
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Good leadership and people management skills.
- Attention to details
- Performance under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasking disposition
- Independent minded
- Persuasion and Collaboration.
N400,000 – N500,000 monthly.
12th December, 2022.
Means to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.